Monday, August 2, 2010

wedding invitation


Instead of a typical wedding invitation, we decided to ask my favorite etsy artist, Elloh, to paint a family portrait of us. I don't think I have to convince you that she did an incredible job (and I love how she gave Hallie pink rosy cheeks!). She even painted meaningful memories from our relationship in each of the picture frames.
We bought glossy printer paper and had color copies made - our portrait on one side and the wedding reception details on the other. They were mailed out in simple kraft paper envelopes, addressed in my own handwriting. While it probably wasn't very "traditional"...it was very "us" (not to mention inexpensive) and we loved the way they turned out. We think our guests did too!

4 comments:

Optimista said...

Wow, these are DARLING! She really did do a spectacular job...when this came up in my Google Reader and I saw the art without knowing whose blog I was looking at, I knew instantly that it was you and your husband. So cool! And so much more personal and sweet than a regular boring old invite.

jcrewphd said...

It's so cute and what a great idea! And you guys have a great art to look at everyday. :-D

runi said...

I concur-- the invitations were very creative and very you!! I loved how hallie and elements of your relationship were incorporated!

Sharon Chen said...

thanks so much ladies!!! and jcrewphd - you are right! now to find the perfect frame for it...

Related Posts with Thumbnails