Tuesday, March 19, 2013

chicken salad

When it comes to chicken salad, I've tried my fair share of recipes...but there's one I always end up coming back to. I made it again over the weekend and we ended up finishing it all in a little over a day and a half, yum. The addition of arugula, apples, toasted walnuts, and lime juice makes it taste so fresh and flavorful. And the best part? The directions aren't too complicated;)
  • 2.5 c. of shredded chicken (I poach mine but rotisserie chicken works well too)
  • 1 large celery stalk, cut into 1/4" dice
  • 1/2 green apple, peeled and cut into small cubes
  • 1/3 c. toasted walnuts, roughly chopped (toasting is crucial!!!)
  • 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 2 handfuls of arugula, roughly chopped
  • 1/2 c. mayo (I use Hellmann's)
  • 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
  • coarse salt to taste (about 1/2 tsp.)
  • freshly ground pepper
1. Mix everything together.

I usually prepare and store in the fridge for a few hours to allow time for the flavors to meld a little...enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails