Monday, January 18, 2010

missed connections


Have you ever read the 'Missed Connections' section of Craigslist? While some of them can be a little creepy, most are sweet and full of longing. New York-based artist Sophie Blackall has been illustrating them in her own whimsical way for some time now. In her own words, "Every day hundreds of strangers reach out to other strangers on the strength of a glance, a smile or a blue hat. Their messages have the lifespan of a butterfly. I'm trying to pin a few of them down. "

Visit her shop here.

2 comments:

amy kelinda said...

This is so sweet. The whole idea of "missed connections" is endearing - I mean, someone who felt so drawn to someone else that he/she feels the need to find them again? I love it.

s.i. michaels said...

Oh my gosh, I am thrilled to see she has a shop!

Related Posts with Thumbnails