Thursday, November 12, 2009

new york recap


Kyle and I had such a wonderful time in New York - it would be too hard for us to pick a favorite sight we saw or activity we did...as we loved everything about the city. We just soaked it all in :)

Some of the highlights included:
* Sunny & cool fall weather the entire time we were there (yay for boots and hats!) *
* 2 words: Central Park. 3 more words: best. park. ever *
* Walking up and down the streets lined with gorgeous brownstones *
* Food, food and more food*
* Kyle surprising me for my birthday with dinner and a broadway play at Times Square (thanks babe!) *
* Exploring the High Line and the American Museum of Natural History*
* And finally...eating brunch at Pastis in the meatpacking district (um hello, Carrie and Aleksandr Petrovsky ate here in one of the SATC episodes!!! Yes, I'm a nerd ok?) *

But as much fun as we had, it does feel good to be home. Thanks so much for letting me share my photos with you!

5 comments:

amy kelinda said...

Oooo, triceratop! It sounds like you had a lot of fun and saw a lot of great sights! What play did you see?

Jayna Wallace said...

What a great archive of photos you've put together from your trip too - sounds like so much fun! We loved the Highline Park when we were there too in September - and amazingly enough skipped over Central Park completely! I guess this means we'll just have to go back. :) Oh, and feel free to nerd out all you want (cuz you're not the only one!) I have a whole list of places I HAD to see that were used in TV/movies.....the Cosby Show/Huxtable's steps, anyone? ;)

Sharon Chen said...

amy - we saw this relatively new comedy called 'superior donuts'...we really enjoyed it as it was both hilarious and touching at times.

ratsonparade - omigosh there are no words to describe the high line...i only wish i could see how beautiful it must be when there is snow on the ground :)

kathy phantastic said...

I think I spy a J. Crew jacket in photo number 6.

Sharon Chen said...

yep! i had been stalking it for months...i heart jcrew.

Related Posts with Thumbnails